Friday, December 2, 2011

The 5 Weak Points of Men:Excuses of Men

My special thanks to Charles Stanley’s book of Winning the War Within who has inspired me to share this to all of you.

As mentioned from my previous article on temptation, the first step is choosing to say ‘No’. We ought to remember that inspite and despite the circumstances, people involved, ultimately it is our personal decision to do a certain behavior causing us to sin.This is it!

Unfortunately, men and women have the tendency of passing the blame… “I couldn’t control it, he made me so mad!”, “If my parents raised us better, I wouldn’t be this way”; “If only my brother will stop playing that computer game, then I’ll totally quit!” Statements like these may be true but the response of cursing when you got mad, or the choice to follow in your parents’ footsteps and the decision of playing that computer game was YOURS.

Nobody can make you do something you don’t want to do. They can only go as far as to influence, tease, trick and even force you to doing it but not MAKE you do it.But you know, the cycle of tossing the blame to others has originated not from you, your baby sister or even that cheater seatmate. It started way back from Adam and Eve. Remember when God confronted Adam about his sin?

He responded in Gen. 3: 12” The woman you put here with me—she gave me some fruit from the tree, and I ate it.”

And Eve responded, v. 13 ““The serpent deceived me, and I ate.”

Posted via email from h3sean's posterous

No comments:

Post a Comment