Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Side Commenting and Judging Others | God and you

We see people here and there – when we take a walk in the park or take a stroll in the mall. At times we can’t help but say a word or two about a certain individual whom we find weird or out of place. We make a side comment.

Judging OthersI stumbled upon this verse in Proverbs while I was having my quiet time:

“Whoever belittles his neighbor lacks sense, but a man of understanding remains silent.” - Proverbs 11:12 (ESV)

Sometimes we ‘just can’t help it’ but conjure something in our thoughts as an opinion towards other people. Lately I was made aware of this developing habit in me. A habit of taking a look at other people and finding something wrong. This verse opened up my eyes to this dangerous growing habit. I praise God that I stumbled upon this verse early on.

How do we change this habit?

By renewing our minds. We have to see people in a different light – that there is always something in someone which is good.

“Every man I meet is my superior in some way. In that, I learn of him.” - Emerson

Posted via email from h3sean's posterous

No comments:

Post a Comment