Saturday, March 5, 2011

Attitudes of a Problem Solver | God and you

Growing up, I was taught that each of us have our own problems. They come in different ways, sizes and occasions in our life. I also hear them say that God wouldn’t lead me to a problem I cannot solve. Now that I have a personal relationship with Jesus, I DISAGREE.

problemsTHE RIGHT MENTALITY

  • In The Eye of the Beholder

In Psychology, I remembered one professor who emphasized that when a close friend or even a loved one says, “I understand”, he or she doesn’t fully so because that person merely sees the problem through his or her eyes. No matter how similar your experiences are, the feelings you have will always be unique to you. While this may be true, often times we personally magnify our problems as it is. In many cases, we need others to bring their more objective perspective into the table and state what our real problem is.

When we encounter a re-occurring problem; a bad grade, a scolding from a superior or parent, we immediately draw from our past experiences and conclude why this happened. “I’m not really good at this subject.”, “Oh my mom? Don’t mind her, she’s always been that way.” we say.  Our past experiences dictate how to ’solve’ our problems now which then becomes a cycle of the problem arising and being ignored. We shrug it off and stash it inside our closets. Little that we know, the pile’s getting higher, our hearts are getting calloused and tension’s building up.

Posted via email from h3sean's posterous

No comments:

Post a Comment