Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Word to the Christian Slacker | God and you

“I know your deeds, that you are neither cold nor hot. I wish you were one or the other! So, because you are lukewarm – neither hot nor cold – I am about to spit you out of my mouth.” – Revelation 3:15-16

I can’t picture God throwing up because of a person’s lack of passion. I can’t picture God throwing up, period.

Slacking OffAuthor’s note: I did say I was going to write about the opposite extreme of the obedience spectrum. I finally found the time to do so.

This is not to question the salvation of some Christians. This is more of a reminder of what the Bible tells us; that we are saved for a reason. Yes, God loves us so much that He gave His Son to die on the cross. By accepting the gift of eternal life through Jesus Christ, we died to our old selves and let Christ live in and through us. Yes, He not only lives IN us, but THROUGH us as well.

“For we are God’s workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared for us in advance” – Ephesians 2:10

Posted via email from h3sean's posterous

No comments:

Post a Comment