Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Unsilenced Longing

I have heard speakers declare, time and again, that the Christian life is not difficult; it is impossible. Many would think that the life of a believer is a walk in the park. At one point it was something I would love to believe – that problems would go away the moment I accept Christ. But it’s not. It’s a misconception. Christ never guaranteed convenience upon following Him.

Lonely CornerAuthor’s Note: This is based on a reflection on the book of Mark three weeks overdue.

Then Jesus said to His disciples, “If anyone wishes to come after Me, he must deny himself, and take up his cross and follow Me. – Matthew 16:24

As I progressed in my walk with the Lord, this truth seemed to have become more and more of a reality. Discouragement in all forms would engage me – from ridicule to difficult circumstances; from VDP’s (Very Draining People) to dead silence and waiting to hear God’s voice. Often it becomes too difficult to bear, and I’d be tempted to become silent before God.

Posted via email from h3sean's posterous

No comments:

Post a Comment