Friday, September 30, 2011

How you can become Patient with the things you're Praying for

Often, we ask God for something. And often, we wait for some time before we get it. How do we become more patient towards God especially when we ask Him for something and He doesn’t seem to hear?

Patience with God

This entry has been inspired by past events in my life wherein I prayed and asked God and He answered me with a resounding ‘YES’ and then He told me to wait. I thought I heard His ‘yes’ wrong, hence my series of ‘relationship’ entries such as:

But now I’m so graciously blessed with that which I prayed for. I want you to have the same patience especially when you hear a ‘YES’ from God.

God is the great Giver

Everything comes from God. He is the Maker. Creator. All things come from Him and are created for Him – for His glory and purpose. Everything we have, everything we own comes from God.

“For by him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things were created by him and for him.” - Colossians 1:16

“Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made.” – John 1:3

The three Answers

When we pray and ask God, there are only three answers He gives: “Yes”, “No”, and “Wait”. More often than not, we don’t like the latter two. But God doesn’t always give us what we want. He knows what is best for us. He knows His purposes for us. And sometimes, we complain and lose patience with God when we want something from Him really bad – especially when we thought we heard a ‘Yes’.

A man who was very Patient with God

Let’s look at the life of Abraham. His was a life of huge promises. God told Abraham that he was to become the father of many nations – how was that gonna happen when he didn’t have a single heir? Neither son nor daughter was born to Abraham because his wife.

Posted via email from h3sean's posterous

No comments:

Post a Comment